The Muslim American Public Affairs Council (MAPAC) is an organization that aims to lobby at all levels of government on behalf of our growing American Muslim community. MAPAC focuses on politics and its effect on Muslims in America. MAPAC supports our Islamic Organizations in fulfilling their purpose and responsibility for the religious affairs in our areas. MAPAC also supports all other Muslim organizations in their efforts in many areas such as peace and human rights issues.
MAPAC is a Political Action Committee (PAC). Some of the many things MAPAC does are:
- To indentify, lobby and support political candidates at Local, State and Federal level that are helpful and willing to represent the ever growing American Muslim community and their aspirations.
- MAPAC aims to deepen its presence and expand to cover the State of North Carolina and beyond. This is to better lobby their representatives at all levels of government and to facilitate passing or blocking any laws of interest to Muslims.
- To mobilize American Muslims to organize and financially support ‘friendly’ candidates willing to defend our community and to organize and financially support against the ones who are not.
- To educate American Muslims in practical politics and teach them how to use these skills in lobbying their representatives at all levels.
- To encourage, train and support American Muslim political candidates at all level
- To educate the media on issues related to politics involving Muslims and Islam.